Monday, January 1, 2007

new year, new thoughts

For several years, a few choice people have been telling me that I don't listen. Since I don't listen, I guess I never heard them. Well as the year has turned I have come to the realization that they might be correct. It was a comment that I did hear referring a comment I didn't hear or listen to that made me open my eyes, actually my ears. So, new years resolutions, no, new life resolution, yes, try to be a conscience listener.

As long as I am confessing, well what the hell, check out this one. I have a mental illness in which I am having lots of trouble getting under control. I procrastinate. I have to be honest; it has cost me thousands of dollars and immeasurable aggravation and stress throughout the years. It has most definitely had an adverse effect on my health. Is there a vaccine for procrastinating? There should be. Don't just sit there reading this boring bla-bla-bla, stop procrastinating and start working on that vaccine. NOW.

Another life change is what I call the JMH effect. It is modeled after the life and personality of a philosopher in which will remain nameless. For future reference, whenever this philosopher is mentioned he will be know as Roc90, it was an imaginary friend from a parallel universe. BTW, JHM stands for Joel's Mental Health, or that is what I want you to think. :) The JMH effect, simple put is to say what is on your mind. Sometimes the JMH effect from the aforementioned Roc90 can be pretty abrasive, not to me of course, because if you were paying attention in the first paragraph, I don't listen, so I don't care what he said. But the fact is Roc90 has reached a level of success and peace that most people only dream of. His secret, he says what is on his mind. Ever hear the expression “the meek inherit the earth" that is bullshit, the meek inherit nothing. Ever see that bumper sticker “Mean People Suck" try this one on, "Meek Sucks". BTW, I really dislike (I don't like to use the word hate, it is very strong) mean people. As long as we are on the subject of people and dislikes, I am not a fan of fakes. You know them, people who try to be what they are not.

Well that is all for now, feel free to comment. good night

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home